Cloud Computing is the delivery of computing services by using hardware and software on the Internet for services, storage, etc. It is an on-demand availability of computer resources, i.e. computing power and data storage. One of its examples is Google’s Gmail, its users can access its services from any device. Cloud computing allows data and applications from anywhere, anytime with an internet connection. Cloud computing saves acquiring and maintenance costs with scalable computing resources.
Classification of Cloud computing
1) Based on the cloud location
- Community Cloud
2) Based on service provided
- IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service)
- PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service)
- SaaS (Software-as-a-Service)
- FaaS (functions-as-a-Service)
The Entire computing infrastructure offered by the computing company can be accessed.
It does not share Computing infrastructure providing top security and control levels.
Depending on their purpose uses both private and public clouds.
Organizations with a common goal share the same cloud
IaaS allows us to rent IT infrastructure from a cloud provider.
Platform as a service (PaaS)
Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) On-demand environment for developing, testing, delivering, and managing software applications is provided.
Software as a service (SaaS)
It provides hosts and manages the software application and handles any maintenance.
Functions as a service (FaaS)
It provides services for Storage, Database, Information, Process, Application, Integration, Management, Security, Testing-as-a-service.
Uses Of Cloud Computing
- It creates new apps and provides storing, backup, and recovering data services
- It helps in making predictions
- It hosts websites and blogs
- It also provides audio and video streaming
- It analyzes data for patterns
- It delivers on-demand software services
Five essential characteristics:
- On-demand self-service
- Broad network access.
- Resource Polling
- Rapid elasticity
- Measured service
Corporates that provide cloud computing facilities:
- Google Cloud
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Microsoft Azure
- IBM Cloud
Cloud makes it possible to save files to a remote database rather than keeping files on a proprietary hard drive or local storage device.